Starting anew


Hello everyone. My name is Hannah, and you may remember me from my old blog, Floraful (which I’ve had since 2014).

I am forever grateful for Floraful, and how blogging led me to meeting amazing women across the world, working with some pretty cool brands, and increasing my skills in writing/social media/design (which eventually helped me get my new full-time job!) I just felt like Floraful ran its course a long time ago, and I eventually got burned out and discouraged. Rather than quitting blogging altogether, I decided to start a new and start Hannah The Mad Dog. I also got enticed with the idea of going self-hosted instead of relying on Blogger. I know, you’re wondering why I call myself a “mad dog”: it was my late dad’s nickname for me.

When I was blogging on Floraful, 95% of my topics were about makeup. The other 5% were about fashion, my life with lupus, wedding planning, wife life, fashion, travel and random rambling. With this new blog, I will still talk A LOT about makeup (in fact, I have overdue hauls and reviews) and the other topics I just mentioned, I do want to post more blogging/graphic design/social media tips, especially because those are related to my job. I also plan to post more faith and inspiration-related more topics.

I’m excited to start this new blogging journey with you! Stay tuned!


Hannah is a travel writer, graphic designer, and the founder/editor of Hannah on Horizon. She is based in Sacramento, California, living with her husband and two adorable dogs. She shares tips on how to experience luxury travel on any budget, and how to maximize time at each trip or destination, no matter what your budget or amount of vacation time at work. She enjoys making you feel like you have visited each destination with her through her storytelling and informative writing style.

Share more love: